Testosterone Replacement Therapy may be the right treatment when testosterone levels are abnormally low. Testosterone levels may decline naturally in some men as they age. Symptoms of low testosterone may include, but may not be limited to:
Low sex drive (libido)
Fatigue and poor energy level
Decreased muscle mass
Body and facial hair loss
Low sense of well-being
What is testosterone?
Testosterone is a hormone produced primarily in the testicles. Testosterone helps maintain men’s:
- Bone density
- Fat distribution
- Muscle strength and mass
- Facial and body hair
- Red blood cell production
- Sex drive
- Sperm production
Testosterone is primarily produced in the testicles and secreted by the testes. Testosterone production is affected by a number of external factors, such as illness, medications, psychological state, obesity, exercise, and lifestyle (smoking and excessive alcohol intake). Reduced activity, nutritional deficiency, diabetes, and growth hormone deficiency can also contribute to lower levels.
The Major Effects of Testosterone are:
- Promotes libido, assertiveness, and sexual desire
- Stimulates the growth of certain organs
- Promotes protein anabolism, which is, the use of protein to build muscle, skin, and bone, and militates against protein catabolism, or breakdown
- Stimulates sperm production
- Nourishes all the tissues of the male urinary and reproductive systems
- Regulates the production of prostaglandin, which seems to keep prostate growth under control
Testosterone Replacement Therapy Benefits
Studies have shown that testosterone–replacement therapy may offer a wide range of benefits for men including improved libido, mood, cognition, muscle mass, bone density, and red blood cell production.
Take the Testosterone Replacement Questionnaire.
Sunset Walk-In Healthcare and Occupational Medicine Clinic is the leader of urgent care and occupational medicine services on the Sunset Strip. Located in the beautiful Sunset Medical Tower Building on the famous Sunset Blvd, Sunset Walk-In Healthcare and Occupational Medicine Clinic serves West Hollywood, Hollywood and Beverly Hills communities! Looking for VIP treatment on the Sunset Strip? You found it!